Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Wanted: Adventure ASAP

Ok…I tried to stay away, but I can’t. Blogging has become my new obsession. I’m at work and on my lunch break. Just finished eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and have about 20 minutes before I need to get back to work. I tend to work through my lunch, nibbling on bread as I review leases and do whatever else makes money for the company I work for. It’s all about making the rich richer, right? Welcome to America! Sorry, I think work is getting to me and I’ve only been here a few hours…gosh, I really need a good old fashioned vacation or maybe…well, lately I crave the days back when I was a child in the early 80s, when my family went on picnics every weekend in the spring and summer (whenever it was sunny, of course)…I mean, we went to Marin County all the time, sometimes even to Golden Gate Park here in San Francisco, brought along a blanket and just ate fruit, pasta, sandwiches, etc. Those were the days.

Do people go on picnics anymore? I don’t think I’ve seen a picnic table set up in years (with the exception of amusement park settings where you’re pretty much forced to bring food from home because a hot dog costs $10). It’s quite sad and it really shows how much the world has changed. Everything these days is about money; there’s little room for relaxation. What happened? When did we forget to stop, look and listen? Life is passing us by and we just work work and work these days.

I think I really need a vacation. I think it’s fairly obvious I need a LEAVE THE COUNTRY type of experience. Something exciting, different, challenging. I started saving money today. I’m determined to go to Great Britain, you see. MUST and WILL go there. Gosh, is anyone feeling this restless? I am craving an adventure. My friend, Meghan, is feeling the same way.

Oh, well…in the meantime, let me just say that I wish I were Catherine, the heroine from Carlyle’s NO TRUE GENTLEMAN. If only, I could be as bold as her…wouldn’t that be nice?!? Would be even better if Max de Rohan graced my bed..my goodness! Great book! More happier postings to follow…

1 comment:

Nicole said...

In the summer at a park nearby, it's always filled with picnickers.