Monday, January 02, 2006

I DO, TOO, HAVE A LIFE!

Believe it or not, I do have a life...lately, however, I've been too tired from work to really do anything besides read, write and sleep. The end of the year is always killer!

Since I'm off to work tomorrow (and therefore will have my brain occupied by it 'til the weekend hits), I decided to check out a few authors' websites and found this description of a new Elizabeth Boyle book, due out in August. Check it out:

HIS MISTRESS BY MORNING
When prim and proper Charlotte Wilmont inherits a ring that grants each bearer one wish, she inadvertently wishes to be the woman Sebastian Marlowe loves. And when she wakes up the next morning, she is the woman he loves . . . she's also his mistress.

Call me crazy, but it's sounds cute and I'm eager to know how Boyle will pull this one off. I can only hope this Charlotte chick isn't having some sort of "Bobby's Not Dead He's Only Taking a Shower and the an Entire Season of Dallas was a Dream" experience; Boyle would definitely be jumping the shark, if this were the case (although, honestly THIS RAKE OF MINE was a pretty big great white in itself). One never knows with Avon; they always lift my spirits and allow me to hope for great plots and endless hours of pure romance fun and then they crush all my hopes by releasing A-bombs of shit!

In any case, I do hope the book turns out to be a good one. I loved SOMETHING ABOUT EMMALINE, after all. I'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, I am reading NO TRUE GENTLEMAN and it is quite delicious...well -I should be more specific- the hero Max de Rohan is the best piece of romantic meat since Derek Craven...gosh, he's mesmerizing! Back to reading and then bed and then...wooooooork! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

No comments: