Monday, January 02, 2006

Just Purchased

I'm looking forward to reading this after the rest of my Carlyle books. It received a pretty good review on AAR. Excited about reading it!


I always refrain from buying Teresa Medeiros books. I'm not exactly sure why, I just do. I once bought ONE NIGHT OF SCANDAL and didn't care for it. I went to my favorite UBS today and, having left my TO BUY list home, decided to skim the aisles. The book sounds decent from the back blurb and Medeiros books tend to get good reviews. The book's going in my TBR pile anyway. I've decided to read all my Liz Carlyle books next.

Ok...I know what you're all thinking. Why is this chick always buying books that reek of AVON? Honestly, I don't know. I needed something light and fluffy, after reading Jo Beverley (for the record, I don't dislike Jo Beverley books; I just have to be in the right mood for them and I don't think I have been recently). I've never read a Margaret Moore book; apparently, she no longer writes for AVON. It looks like a quick read, so I might just interrupt my Carlyle reading one day for it.

I looked everywhere for SCANDALOUS by Jenna Petersen. I hear it's really good. Unfortunately, it's never at the UBS...NEVER...which, come to think of it, is a very good sign! I'm going to be strong and not buy it new. After much thought and consideration, I've decided to use my BORDERS gift card towards the purchase of a few historical biographies and perhaps Loretta Chase's THE LION'S DAUGHTER (which I guarantee will be impossible to find at any UBS).

Off to work tomorrow...argh! I don't want to go!

1 comment:

sybil said...

I got TLD at Walmart for $5.9ish, more than I normally spend on a new book there but better than the 8bucks it is at B&N.

Scandalous was under 4 bucks at wally world, when it came out. I do so hate them but I have no money so I deal.

I know I saw Scandalous at the ubs because I was going to go back and pick it up for K. If I run across two I will let you know.