Sunday, February 26, 2006

I'm a Bad Bad Girl

I don't know what came over me but I went to Walmart to get some popcorn and managed to come out of there with MacLean's PORTRAIT OF A LOVER and Jeffries's NEVER SEDUCE A SCOUNDREL. I forgot the popcorn. They were $10 together and I couldn't resist. Never mind the fact that I'm broke and I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more books 'til next week. Argh!

I haven't opened the books yet...they're still sitting in a small plastic Walmart bag. Sabrina Jeffries is a favorite of mine and MacLean...well, she has disappointed me in the past, but the book sounded decent, so I thought I would give her another chance. I hope she redeems herself with this book because if she fucks up one more time, I'm taking her off my TO BUY list.

I finished reading Julie Garwood's PRINCE CHARMING. The book was just blah; it gave me none of the warm and fuzzy feelings REBELLIOUS DESIRE did. It just plain sucked! It was about 200 pages too long; the hero and heroine didn't really do it for me. They weren't silly or spineless or dimwitted by any means, so I didn't really have that to hold against them. They just seemed like a regular couple; there was no real conflict, except for a villain you only really encounter at the end of the book for about two pages. I was more interested in the secondary love story. Big disappointment. Don't bother reading it.

4 comments:

Isabel said...

Prince Charming is not one of my favorites. It was just.. okay.

Grace said...

Ditto. I'm not a big fan of PC, I far prefer JG's historicals and even contemps to this one.

Holly said...

Ewww! You read Prince Charming? I'm so sorry (Dylan, don't you dare say a word..that book sucked and you know it).
If you're looking for a warm fuzzy, do a highlander book instead. The Bride and The Wedding.

Or Lyon's Lady is a good one.

Rowena said...

Holly hates everything and everyone, so it shouldn't be a surprise there! But me, I absolutely LOVED PC, it really is a hit or miss with most of the JG fanbase, I guess...but me personally, I thought PC was HECKA better than RB, I didn't care for RB one bit...

Lyon's Lady was blah to me, it was good but I wouldn't ever pimp it! Castles was much better IMO.