Saturday, February 25, 2006

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Sooooooooooooooooooo out of the loop...gosh, I've been gone for a few days because my friend was in town and I had to show her around and...sniff...I seem to have lost touch with all my fellow bloggers. Missed you gals! Really, I did. It's so nice having you all around; it means so much to know there are others out there who share my love and obsession for romance novels...really, I never thought I would feel so connected to people I don't even know, but I do...I honestly do.

So many books out now...I am BROKE!!! Yes, it's true and I have to wait another week to get my March books. Luckily, I've already read DEVIL IN WINTER, otherwise I would just have to sit on a street corner in Fisherman's Wharf (touristy spot, for all those who aren't familiar with San Francisco) and dance for book money.

I'd like to thank Sybil and Kristie J. for giving me names of more novels to buy. Yeah, thanks! I don't know where I'm going to get the money, but I have to now own all the books they mention. What are you doing to me?!?

Am currently reading PRINCE CHARMING by Julie Garwood. Many recommended I start reading THE BRIDE and THE WEDDING ASAP. I decided to hold off. Been reading PRINCE CHARMING late at night, after my friend crashed (I probably shouldn't say or write that because she's currently on a flight back to NY...errr....). PRINCE CHARMING is good, but it's no REBELLIOUS DESIRE. I'm still half way through it so it might become spectacular. It's still better than a majority of recent AVONs.

March 11th is slowly approaching. Why is the date so significant, you ask? Candice Hern will be signing her new novel IN THE THRILL OF THE NIGHT at a local SF Waldenbooks. I'm very excited.

My sister had her biopsy yesterday. I'd like to thank all for your good wishes, prayers, thoughts...the doctor will have the results in less than a week, but he reviewed a few things, did other tests and he believes, like the other doctors, that the lump (sis has a lump on her neck) is caused by a viral infection. I have to give Kristie a lot of credit. You are truly a superb woman. I was going bonkers the whole time, imagining the worst and just being my usual typical basketcase neurotic self. You are incredible...I just wanted to let you know that.

My friend from NY thinks I should market my own weight loss plan. She lost 5 pounds in 6 days just by following my every move (consisting of eating lots of chocolate, thai food and walking everywhere). Hmmm...maybe that would support my book buying habit!?!?!

Wow...can't wait to write up the review for DEVIL IN WINTER. Ladies, trust SYBIL!!! The book is EXCELLENT.

4 comments:

sybil said...

LOL I so agree people should trust me ;). Well if they like the books I do and all.

PRINCE CHARMING is the last JG book I read and the one I didn't like. I have many still TBR but haven't gotten back to her yet. The Bride, The Wedding and The Gift are all ones I 'think' you will like. Maybe... I thought you would have more of a high up with Vice than you did so I could be wrong ;). And you might find, Sara Winchester, in The Gift not to your liking. But she grew on me.

Thrill of the Night... I didn't like this one as much as I hoped for but haven't put a finger on why yet. Tara like it and I look forward to your review. I am waiting until I do blog a review, which will prolly lead to me rereading it to decide if I am keeping it or not. I do want to try another Hern, just not sure if I will go backward or forward to the next in this series.

Glad you had fun with your friend! And good thoughts to you and your sis. I have been thinking of her so thanks for the update.

sybil said...

bah sorry for the book ;) but that should be 'HANG up' not high up...

Holly said...

Sara in The Gift grew on me, too, Sybil. Like a bad rash I just couldn't get rid of. "Damn it, Sarah" pretty much says it all. ugh! LOL

But I do agree with you about The Bride and The Wedding. Saving Grace is another good one, though I realized during a recent re-read that it drags on a bit in the middle. Still a good one, IMO, though.

PC wasn't at all to my liking. Had she shortened it by about 200 pages and possibly killed off the heroine by a vicious snake bite to the head I might have enjoyed it more. But that's just me.

sybil said...

LOL I forgave Sarah a lot more than I do most... prolly because she was so young when married. And kept to in the dark and spoiled. She grew up some at the end. And was charming.

And really... he loved her.

aaaaaawwwwwwww

PC? eh can't think of anything that would have made it work. And I am a western/american historical!whore and didn't like it. Didn't hate it but was way disappointed.