Monday, March 20, 2006

Another Day in the Life of...

Blogger has been affecting everyone and I think I'm going to follow Kristie's lead and not post anything of significance, like a review, for a day or two. The weekend is over and what a weekend it was. I did a lot of exploring the nooks and crannies of San Francisco. Walked across the Golden Gate Bridge (which I find one of the most relaxing experiences) and walked most of Ocean Beach. On Sunday, I stumbled upon a beach which was incredible, amazing. Sand, warmth, waves crashing....naked men? WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? In all of my exploring, I stumbled upon a nude beach. I didn't know what to do...do I join them? Should I turn the other way? I tried not to look, but sometimes it just proved impossible. I walked a little more, breathed in the cool salty air and left. What a day!

Back home, I finished Julie Anne Long's BEAUTY AND THE SPY, which I intend to review after Hern's IN THE THRILL OF THE NIGHT. I still have to do my taxes. Still haven't won the lottery I've resorted to playing each Friday in the hopes of winning and quitting my job. I spoke to a friend of mine who was appalled at the 3% raise almost as much as I was. Bought BAD BOYS AHOY by Sylvia Day; had a 30% Borders Reward discount coupon which I decided to use. I look forward to reading it. I'm taking a day off working out. I walked a total of 10 hours over the weekend. I think I just overdo it sometimes. I'm physically exhausted and have a cramp in my leg that just won't go away. Any recommendations for getting rid of it?

My body is telling me to go home right now and read the book. Does anyone ever just get giddy from the thought of a book awaiting them at home. It's a little like going to a party; you know you're going to meet some interesting people and you can't wait. Ok...I guess I need to get back to work now. Gotta earn next year's 3%, right?

No comments: