Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Don't Even Go There...

UPDATE: SCANDAL IN SPRING OUT IN AUGUST! I can now breathe.

Went on the Avon site to check out upcoming new releases and guess what wasn't listed as an August release...no clue? Well, let me fill you in - SCANDAL IN SPRING. Now this may have been merely an oversight on Avon's part. Nobody's perfect, but seriously...do I detect a little bit of TAKE THAT attitude in response to Kleypas dumping Avon for Martins'? Just an observer's opinion...

I'm hoping it's mere oversight. Fans will rip Avon a new one, if it is indeed postponed. I posted on the board, so hopefully someone will clear this up soon!

If it is an oversight, it wouldn't be the first. More on that tomorrow.

6 comments:

Mailyn said...

isn't Avon those people that always push back their releases. don't quote me on that cuz I honestly have NO clue when it comes to book publishers but I could have sworn I heard that somewhere.

Jenna Petersen said...

I don't know if you realize, but that site isn't run by Avon. It isn't paid for by Avon. It isn't hosted by Avon. Avon actually has nothing to do with the AvonAuthors.com site. It's run by and paid for by the authors. We have an admin who we pay to maintain the site and keep the board running. Most likely it was just a simple oversight. But it's truly part of no looming overplan by Avon/HarperCollins.

bookreadingfool said...

jenna that may not be paid by avon, but harper collins lists all the upcoming books within the next three months, but scandal in spring is not listed on their site. the harper collins site, not the avonauthors site

Jenna Petersen said...

Actually, my book is an August release and it's not up on the Harper site, either. And it's coming out in August. So I still doubt it's a conspiracy. :) It may be they haven't updated for their June update yet.

romancelover said...

I don't think it's a conspiracy...I even mention I think it might have been an oversight. The reason a postponement would not surprise me is because Harper Collins (AKA Avon) has postponed several novels in the past (to fans' dismay). Anyhow, I e-mailed the Avon administrator asking about this, so it'll prob get cleared up.

romancelover said...

:)

Sometimes I think I need a vacation!