Saturday, December 10, 2005

To Buy or Not to Buy

This book sounds good...really good. I've never read Eloisa James before, but I am intrigued...definitely intrigued. A friend told me she's an incredible author and I should give her a shot. I want to. I'm going to hold off on buying the book full price because 1) I hate Avon and am sick of them swindling fans with their deplorable tactics, and 2) I'm broke. This is the second book in a series about 4 sisters (which Avon will drag out for a few years), so I'm going to have to buy the first book. I think it's called MUCH ADO ABOUT YOU or something like that.

Again, another series book. Book 2, to be exact AND, yet again, surprisingly, it's another AVON book (they sure love the cash cow series books have become). I hated the first book in Enoch's series, SIN AND SENSIBILITY. Again, HATED IT!!! It was boring; the hero was a moron and the heroine...argh! I honestly think she was mentally challenged. I hope the 2nd book is better than the first (I can't imagine it being worse, but Avon authors are always full of surprises). I love Suzanne Enoch books, so you can imagine how I felt when I read her last book and realized that she might have become another victim of the Avon curse (bad editing, asinine plot, no character development, etc). I really hope AN INVITATION TO SIN is a winner; I haven't read too many kudos on the Avon board as of late, so it's possible it sucks and no one's willing to say it outright. In any case, I'm not paying the full price for the reasons already given above AND because I don't want to spend more than $7 on book I'll only skim through.

This is a new author for me. I own a few of her books; however, they're all sitting in my TBR pile, so I don't quite know if she's the one for me. The book has received good reviews. I have been tempted, despite the precarious state of my December finances (Christmas and bills are killing me this month), to buy the book but each time I get the itch, I remember Callen's THE LORD NEXT DOOR (see past posts). Hmmm...something to think about.

Any advice???

No comments: