Sunday, June 18, 2006

Coming Soon

Laura Lee Guhrke has a new series coming up...I hope it's good. By the way, can anyone spell her last name without having to check the spelling on her website a zillion times?

AND THEN HE KISSED HER

The first of a new, four-book series set in Victorian England

The story of two people who are definitely not destined to be soul mates. Harry and Emma have nothing in common. They feel no spark. They don't even like each other. They certainly don't want to complicate their lives by anything as inconvenient as falling in love. Even Cupid has given up on them. And then, one shattering, lightning-bolt, make-your-toes-curl kiss changes everything they thought they knew about love and about each other.

The amazing Mary Balogh might be releasing her SIMPLY books earlier than expected and that makes me one happy girl. Balogh began her SIMPLY series (4 book series about teachers in a school for ladies...which yeah, is getting a little old, believe me) in 2005. Dell, her publishing company, was planning on releasing them all ONCE A YEAR (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH) in HARDCOVER (my wallet said FUCK , NO!...my heart? BUY IT!). Now word straight from the horse's mouth (sorry, Mary!) is that she...well, here you go...her words:

I maybe ought not to say this yet since my next contract is still very much in the negotiation stage and nothing is ever written in stone (or even in sand) in the publishing world. However, I have proposed a new five-part series and have suggested that the books be released in paperback and very close together as the SLIGHTLY series was. Dell is interested and has plans for bringing forward the remaining books in the SIMPLY quartet so that they can plan for the new series either late in 2008 or in 2009. If they carry through on that, both SIMPLY MAGIC (Susanna's story) and SIMPLY PERFECT (Claudia's) will be out next year, at least in hardcover. I'll give more details when things are a bit more definite.

Yeah, still in hardcover, but both next year hopefully. Can't have it all, I suppose.

I encourage all authors to beg for early releases and paperback prices. Your readers will be much appreciative.

I'm off now. Work has been torture and my blog has suffered, as well as my reading. We all had to scramble to get our stuff done by last Friday...no ifs, ands or buts. Torture. Now we're locked out of our main system for two weeks. I'm sure more work will continue to pile in one way or another. In the meantime, summer is in a few days and we're having amazing weather. Hope it lasts! Cheers and have a great weekend!

For you Suzanne Brockmann fans, I have a link to the website of the man who is the inspiration for a good chunk of her novels. Will report more tomorrow. Have the site at work!




1 comment:

Mailyn said...

I still haven't finished the one book I have of hers..I must go back and try again lol