Monday, October 30, 2006

TOO WICKED TO TAME

Would a Reluctant Beauty Ever Wed…

Headstrong Lady Portia Derring has an impeccable pedigree…and not a penny to her name. Which is why she is alone on the rain-swept Yorkshire moor, waiting for a wealthy earl she has never met but whom her family insists she wed. When she’s nearly trampled by the dashing blackguard’s stallion, Portia is more determined than ever to refuse Heath Moreton’s suit. Handsome devil he may be, but she could never marry a rogue who’s so clearly out of control!

A Wild, Incorrigible Beast?

An avowed bachelor, scion of the notorious “Mad” Moreton clan, Heath won’t be shackled in matrimony. Why then does this lovely, rain-drenched chit excite him so? Desire consumes him, but the eminently beddable lady resists his well-practiced seductions. Now only one route remains: Heath must ignore his bad blood, vanquish his inner beast…and prove to Portia that she's the only woman capable of taming his heart.

Ok...before I get to the plot, I know I've seen this cover somewhere before, but where? It's driving me crazy. If you know the previous whereabouts of this cover, please let me know. Reward is a great big thank you (seriously, this is driving me nuts!). As for the book above, I own Jordan's first book with Avon ONCE UPON A WEDDING NIGHT. Haven't read it yet and of course, despite this, I'm all ready to buy her second book. I'm seriously deranged and in need of a financial advisor (who will probably tell me to stop buying books, unless I want to work the rest of my days).

I laughed out loud when I first read the plot of this book. I don't know why but I pictured Fabio in one of his cheesy romance covers hitting himself in the chest and roaring. The girl sounds fiesty, like most of the heroines overpopulating the British Empire. I'll read the book, but I can't help think it a tad bit...err.....unoriginal? Something about the "mad" earl ticks me off. Why must all earls or dukes have a crazy relative in the midst of them? And why does the madness always make said earls and dukes so determined to shun the love of the women of their dreams. Don't get it.

On a side note, I was saddened to learn today that a real life romance couple, Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Philippe, is DUNZO! Another couple bites the dust. So sad!

2 comments:

Mailyn said...

As much as I LOOOVE them as a couple I always expected this. They married way too you ng and most those marriages don't last. It's damn near impossible as we are not the same when we are young. When two people mature it becomes less about that perfect/innocent love and there are other factors. Plus people, I do believe [especially men] need to get that early wild time out of their system. It doesn't have to be super wild but at least the dating and growing up before they settle down. So yeah, never expected them to last.

But I loooved them together and I agree it is sad. :-(

CindyS said...

I don't find Witherspoon that attractive but Ryan Phillipe - mreow - if only I was a gorgeous young movie star *sigh*

As to the cover, Julie Garwoods older books had tapestries in the backgrounds. Could it be something like that? Here's one from Amazon -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-images
/0671737848/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0/104-2704693-
4091926?ie=UTF8&s=books&index=0#gallery