Saturday, August 12, 2006

THE STRANGER I WANT TO MARRY

Why are Sylvia Day books $14? That irritates me! She's moved to Avon recently, so hopefully the prices will go down. I haven't read ASK FOR IT yet, although I managed to buy a copy with a gift card I won in a raffle (one of the few things I've ever won). AAR gave it a pretty bad review...err...I don't know what to say because I haven't read the book, but I truly hope I will enjoy the book, despite the review...hopefully the reviewer and I have different tastes in books. Hopefully she didn't like Day's use of the words COCK and FUCK. Yes, she uses that word...actually...wait a sec...is Avon going to make her tone it down? Hmmm...I wonder.

Day recently posted an excerpt to her December 26 release THE STRANGER I MARRIED. The cover, as you can see for yourself, is hot! The hero is smokin' hot! Where can I find one of those? Do any of them live near me? I'm willing to travel... The story sounds pretty good, different than any other I've read. Both lead characters are sluts...not something you see everyday in romance land.

10 comments:

Dev said...

Ooh, he's pretty. I think I might want him for Christmas ~ or maybe Labor Day since that's closer :-)

Wendy said...

I wonder - is Day perhaps moving to Avon Red?? In which case - she won't have to tone it down.

romancelover said...

Hmmmm....don't know, Wendy! That would make sense. I'll have to check this out.

sybil said...

She isn't moving anywhere. Day has books contracted with Avon Red, Brava and EC. At least I think EC (one just came out) but I know the other two.

I hate that cover guy, he is EVERYWHERE. So annoying.

Mailyn said...

I don't find this dude good looking at all. I am sad to say that I didn't enjoy Ask For It at all. The review over at AAR is pretty much dead on. :-(

Valeen said...

I've been really wanting to read a couple of her books that have come out, I've heard great things about them, but at $20 a pop for Trade Paperbacks I've been waiting to borrow them from a friend who has them.

romancelover said...

Mailyn...
Please tell me you're joking. Argh! I spent my gift card on that! ARGH!!!
Valeen...looks like I should have borrowed.
- Daniela

Amarjaa said...

I don't think this: "They were once engaged, but Elizabeth cried off after discovering Nicholas and a woman wearing nothing but bathrobes late one evening in his London home...", bodes very well for the quality of the book. Give it a try, and blog about it so I know whether to read it or not. ;)

romancelover said...

I will read it next...I've been putting it off but I will read this before my next book A ROSE AT MIDNIGHT by Stuart.

Lori said...

I read AFI this week on vacation - will blog it up later this week. It was actually pretty good. I happen to like Sylvia Day's books, and am actually a pretty forgiving reader, too. Although there is a heroine who jumps into danger's way just because... I know how many people hate that...