Thursday, July 28, 2005

Lost in Temptation

I read Lost in Temptation by Lauren Royal about a month ago. The book still haunts me to this day. Recently, I read a review which deemed it a good enough book to buy. I don't know what the reviewer was on when she read this book, but it must have been some pretty good mind-altering stuff. I don't think I've ever read a book that was so asinine (ok...maybe I have, but...) and unromantic and bordering on the ridiculous. I really wanted to like this book...I really really did, but what was the last straw for me was a scene depicting the heroine and her brother discussing sex and her brother describing the sexual act in all of its mechanical glory. To top it off, when the heroine and hero were "getting down" and doing the nasty, the heroine had enough audacity and mental retardation to mention her brother and every tip he had mentioned...MY BROTHER SAYS YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LIFT MY DRESS, MY BROTHER SAYS YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TAKE YOUR PANTS OFF AND SPREAD MY..., MY BROTHER SAYS, MY BROTHER SAYS..MY BROTHER...Shut up! I literally wanted the hero to turn violent and murder the girl. It was that bad! SHE was that bad! Gosh, I just skimmed after that because I wanted to figure out whether the mystery backdrop of the book was indeed as predictable as I suspected. I was right. It was...predictable, that is...and bad! The book deserves a READER WARNING LABEL: DO NOT BUY. I wouldn't recommend this book to my worst enemy. I don't understand how anyone could mistake this book for a great romance. I hope to spare readers with some future pain with this review. The book left me lost in temptation to kill the author. I don't think I will ever try a Royal book again.

No comments: