Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Avon sucks!

I used to be the biggest fan of Avon, but lately I'm ready to give up on them altogether. Why? As one of my previous posts will indicate, they take FOREVER to publish my favorite authors' books and their editorial teams has got to be one of the worst ones out there. Who are they hiring? Who are these people reading novels before they're even approved and published? Middle school kids? In recent months, Avon has published the worst pieces of Sh*T I think I've ever read. No originality, no steam, no luster, no story! The books are so bad, I find myself skimming them...yes, skimming Quinn, skimming Hawkins...skimming, for goodness sake! The quality of their books has deteriorated to such a point, I no longer get giddy before reading a new book; I'm not even excited about future releases. Most of the books I eagerly anticipated were big disappointments and I cannot tell you how much I fear the eagerly anticipated Kleypas Wallflower series will be just as bad. Avon is only interested in money it seems...no longer is their focus pleasing the reader.

I cannot tell you how much they annoy me. Most series books are so spread apart, I can never remember what happened in the last book AND, to add insult to injury, the new one always seems to refer to what happened in the last, like I would remember what I read 2 years before. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! Can we do anything about this? Something must be done. I no longer want to wait years for a series to conclude (see Quinn's BRIDGERTON series)...or have a book I eagerly awaited be postponed (see Kleypas' DEVIL IN WINTER). Sorry, most of the books are written and I cannot tolerate being strung along, like a cat in heat. At Avon's pace, my daughters (I currently have no kids) won't even get a chance to get these books.

I'm frustrated and I hate to go on and on about the same issues, but reading an Avon book has become a job these days and I really don't need two of them!

No comments: