Sunday, October 23, 2005

When the Going Gets Rough...

I GIVE UP! I GIVE UP! I can't take it anymore...I'm on page 272 and I just can't take it. BRIDAL FAVORS may be a masterpiece for some, but it's a total flop for me. I hate it! I've been forcing myself to read this book, simply because I felt there had to be something to the story, if it's considered one of Connie Brockway's best. Only 50 pages left to the book and honestly, I really don't care what happens. So...I've decided to throw in the proverbial towel and start reading another book that hasn't been given a review yet: THIS RAKE OF MINE by Elizabeth Boyle. The excerpt sounds promising, so I'll give it a go. I also happen to have enjoyed her last work, SOMETHING ABOUT EMMALINE. As for BRIDAL FAVORS, well...it's going to end up at the UBS by the end of the month. I'd rather have $3 in my pocket for an overpriced Starbucks Latte than have this book take up space my city apartment doesn't have. I hate to have to do this, simply because I love Brockway's stories, but I just can't stomach this one. Off to Boyle's book...review to come!

No comments: