Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Heroines and Miscellaneous

I don't like heroines in their late thirties.

I've yet to read a novel in which said heroine is interesting. She's always screwed up in some way and incredibly self-righteous. Apparently, there were no feisty hot blooded women in their thirties back in the Regency or Victorian periods....only sulky frustrated virgins who made their men's lives a living hell.

This is just a rant. I'm currently debating reading the latest Mary Balogh and I hear the heroine is a dull piece of work. Makes me angry primarily because the hero is so dreamy (he's been featured in other Balogh novels).

I need to read a good romance novel. I've been immersed in historical biographies for the last month. My most recent read is a biography on Queen Victoria. Wow...incredible woman.

I need to revamp my TBR list. Hear Julia Quinn's latest is amazing and must must must buy the recent contemporary Kleypas, as well as catch up on all the romance news.

More to post this weekend, trust me!

2 comments:

JennaPetersen said...

I'm with you, I need a good romance. I, too, have Julie's latest on my pile. If I ever finish with my current projects (both due at once) I'm going to be reading it along with you! LOL

JennaP, glad to see you blogging again.

dancechica said...

I really enjoyed Julia Quinn's latest. :-)